Quote from your link...."... and the application .exe must be flagged as a
3-GB-aware application."

Ray S.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Whisper
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2005 3:39 AM
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlds] Introducing ServerWiki.org

Don't you have to run your dual opterons in 32bit mode of something, maybe
something got switched when the memory was upgraded.
 Also try the /3GB switch in boot.ini
 And maybe try:
/USERVA= This switch is only supported on Windows XP and Windows Server
2003. Like the /3GB switch, this switch gives applications a larger address
space. Specify the amount in MB between 2048 and 3072. This switch has the
same application requirements as the /3GB switch and requires that the /3GB
switch be present. Applies to 32-bit systems only.

http://www.sysinternals.com/Information/bootini.html
I know it doesn't make much sense but it seems you are at the stage where
you are willing to try anything.
 Cheers