We have had a few people in our server doing it.  We end up
kicking/banning them.  They tend to be annoying players anyways.

Chris K wrote:
As a CS:S server owner/operator, I thought this article was of interest and
thought I would pass it along. I have never seen in-game ad's but would not
be opposed to it. The idea of making a few bucks is tempting also, but I
gather from this article we would not be allowed to do so.

http://arstechnica.com/articles/culture/subway-cs.ars