Why shouldn't operators be able to make money on their servers?  Is what I
meant to say :)

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Scott Tuttle
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 4:18 PM
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: RE: [hlds] In-game ad's

I think you misunderstood...

This article was about server operators advertising.  Doesn't seem to be
about random players coming into a server and advertsing.  Why should server
operators be able to make money on their server.  Is advertising on your
server any worse than charging people for admin or for charging people for
reserved slots?  If it keeps the server running by offloading some of the
cost I don't see why the hoopla.