At 11:18 AM 2/15/2006 -0500, you wrote:

>Errm - I think the Half-Life Series and Steam(r) are VALVe's flagship
>products...

        And let's not forget to count DoD:S among those -- if
Valve thought it was worth buying as a mod and bringing
development in-house it's probably safe to say it's one of
their flagship products.

>This is a SERVER mailing list... you rant about how you want better
>gameplay. Maybe you should check out the steam forums?

        Nah, if I want whining I'd take a helpdesk job.  Seems to me
the object on this list is to perhaps fine-tune our servers to best
serve the masses.  Which is why it strikes me as odd that Valve has
been less than forthcoming with things such as server-side variables
and what environment they use for testing.  It's difficult for us
to offer feedback when we don't know what's changed in the environment.

        Alfred?  I like ya, really, but why aren't Valve developers
populating the Wiki with information we could use?  Or why isn't
the Valve dev list doing something similar?  That would help
alleviate your job as sole contact for questions and make our
lives easier as well.  For example, is there a list of all server-side
variables and their effects?  If so, where?  If not, why not?

                - Dan

* Dan Sorenson      DoD #1066      A.H.M.C. #35     [EMAIL PROTECTED] *
* Vikings?  There ain't no vikings here.  Just us honest farmers.   *
* The town was burning, the villagers were dead.  They didn't need  *
* those sheep anyway.  That's our story and we're sticking to it.   *