A boycott would accomplish nothing.  The MP servers are not a
revenue source for Valve other than to entice more people to purchase
the next game.  Those CS:S servers are what will make people buy
Red Orchestra sight unseen, but they've already bought CS:S.
Worse, what incentive would Valve have to spend resources creating
patches if their multi-player community dried up?  Valve and we form
a symbiotic relationship.  If we break our side of it, we break their
side as well.  Likewise, if Valve quits supporting the games we'll
have no incentive to host them.  We each must pull our weight.

        That said, there's nothing that prevents us from organizing
and providing constructive (and perhaps persuasive) feedback.  On
your forums perhaps get a top 10 list of things valve should
concentrate on fixing for your game of choice.  In-game maybe every
30 minutes flash "Go to http://www.valve-bugs.org to note bugs" or
whatever you feel appropriate.  Bring this list to these forums and
now valve has constructive, useful feedback to base their decisions on.

        Complaining to a game developer though from our position is kind
of like a user complaining to the help desk -- at some point the desire
to help is squashed unless there's also some positive feedback as well.

                        - Dan

* Dan Sorenson      DoD #1066      A.H.M.C. #35     [EMAIL PROTECTED] *
* Vikings?  There ain't no vikings here.  Just us honest farmers.   *
* The town was burning, the villagers were dead.  They didn't need  *
* those sheep anyway.  That's our story and we're sticking to it.   *