It had worked for the day of defeat source server , but not HL1.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Alfred Reynolds" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlds@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 7:46 PM
Subject: RE: [hlds] Steam validation rejected

Just to remind everyone, if you see "Steam Validation Rejected" errors
from your users running a Source server get this BETA update to fix it.
You get it by adding "-beta swapbeta" to the command line. This beta
includes a new steamclient.dll. If you have this error on HL1 based
servers you can also copy this updated binary to those servers to test
the fix.

- Alfred

Alfred Reynolds wrote:
This fix is available via the hldsupdatetool, run it with "-beta
swapbeta" to get it. The fix is only for Source win32 servers at this
time. Please tell me if this solves the validation rejected errors.

- Alfred

Alfred Reynolds wrote:
I don't believe this can be caused by a configuration issued, I
think it is a bug. I am working on an update for later today with a
speculative fix for the problem.

- Alfred

James McKenna wrote:
I run one 1.6 server on my machine, but it's rented from me. I
haven't heard any complaints from him in a while, so I assume his is
working fine. I've sent him a message asking him to inform me if he
too is suffering from this issue

All I know is yesterday and today my forums have lit up with people
being unable to connect until I manually restart the services. Is
this a known issue that's being worked on? Or is it on my end?
----- Original Message ----- From: "Alfred Reynolds"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>