I actualy have an  rcon tool that supports HL1, SRC, BF2 and Q3 servers.
I am planning to release it as open source, but it is actualy for linux
only at this time.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/devel/svn/trunk/rcontool$ ./rcon -s
src://cs2.webcabo.com.br:27016
Enter your rcon password:

Half-Life 1/2 rcon tool $Id: rcon.cc 796 2005-10-09 17:00:57Z mosca $
        (c) 2001-2005 Marcelo Bezerra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
running in interactive mode.
Type CTRL + C to quit.
./rcon> status
hostname:  Webcabo/SecrelNet Brasil CS: Source Bifelandia
version   : 1.0.0.27/7 2677 secure
udp/ip  :  200.150.137.51:27016
map     :  cs_militia at: 0 x, 0 y, 0 z
players :  11 (18 max)
./rcon>

It can even be used non interactively.

./rcon [-v] -s "your.server.com:27015" -p "foobar" -c stat