As far as I know it's supposed to be +sys_tickrate  not -sys_tickrate .

-------Original Message-------

From: Deacon - Digital Gaming eXtreme
Date: 03/20/06 13:37:18
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlds] Seere Choke/Lag issues

So I've been banging my head against the KB for some time now.  I've tried
both WMP and srcdsbooster and I'm still unable to get more than 85 FPS
server side.  Any idea why this would happen?

We have two larger windows configs and they both behave the same.  One is an
Opteron 242 and the other is a dual xeon 2.4.  Other than the procs, the HW
specs are the same.  Here are my specs:
dual xeon 2.4 Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 80 GB 10K RPM HDD.

Two servers (HLDS_W DOD)
1 x 32 (Bound to proc 3, physical proc 2)
1 x 24 (Bound to proc 0, physical proc 1)

Both servers are started w/ the following cmd line options:
-console -heapsize 262144 -game dod +ip <server IP> +port 27015 +maxplayers
<maxplayer> +exec server.cfg -dll addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll +map <map
name> -pingboost 3 -sys_tickrate 66

Is heapsize a valid command line option for the server?  I always thought
that it was.

Is pingboost 3 still a valid option for windows servers?

Both servers use the following server.cfg settings.
//            Server Performance (Base)
//
sv_allowdownload 1
sv_allowupload 1
sv_maxrate 10000
sv_minrate 0
sv_maxupdaterate 30
sv_minupdaterate 13
decalfrequency 30
fakelag 0
fakeloss 0
pausable 0
fps_max 300
//            Server Voice
//
sv_voicequality 3
sv_voicecodec voice_speex
//     DoD Extra settings
//
// This Enables DoD's Netcoding
sv_unlag .4

Here are the stats/status from rcon:
32 player server
16:24:01 CPU   In    Out   Uptime  Users   FPS    Players
         93.89 123.44 163.54     171   105   24.39      30

16:27:22 hostname:  [dgx] -=SkuLL=- 24/7 Charlie
         version :  47/1.1.2.5 3382 secure
         tcp/ip  :  204.14.246.148:27015
         map     :  dod_charlie at: 0 x, 0 y, 0 z
         players :  29 active (32 max)

24 player server
16:24:20 CPU   In    Out   Uptime  Users   FPS    Players
          0.00  0.00  0.00     197     0   85.34       0

16:27:04 hostname:  [dgx] [AO] 24/7 Jagd -Fast DL
         version :  47/1.1.2.5 3382 secure
         tcp/ip  :  204.14.246.147:27015
         map     :  dod_jagd at: 0 x, 0 y, 0 z
         players :  0 active (24 max)

         #      name userid uniqueid frag time ping loss adr
         0 users

Thanks,
-D