From: Edward Luna
Date: 03/31/06 13:56:59
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: RE: [hlds] Disabled Account

IMHO... if the guy in question was as belligerent back then as he was in his
recent posts here, I can at least understand why Valve may have disabled his
account.  That doesn't mean I think it's right for them to do it... but hey,
these guys at Valve take an awful lot of crap from people and we all have a
point beyond which we are unwilling to go.

The truth is... I agreed with some of what the guy said (not all, but some)
but he made it impossible for others to support him due to the way he
presented his case, and the attempt to get the home address of Alfred just
went way over the top.  I don't think the guy actually thought he would get
it... but it prolly made him feel better just to let others know how
strongly he felt.

Some of his valid points should be addressed in an open forum but just leave
the nastiness out of it.  Lets face it, we've all experienced it... servers
are chugging along just fine when a update comes out... we dutifully run the
update tool (which I think is a great concept) and bang... our servers are
down... or some peeps can't login... or there are authorization problems...
etc.

It is very frustrating when these things happen... but I'll bet it's even
more frustrating for the Valve guys.  Does that mean we shouldn't mention it
or take them to task when they screw up royally?  Certainly not... but it
should be done in a constructive way... not the way that guy did it.  We
need Valve to keep doing what they do... just do it better... be as
responsive as is reasonably possible to the needs of the your customers, and
we'll all be better off.
IMHO...