Up until this evening, I have had no problem running my dedicated servers,
wrapped as windows services, using srvany.  This evening, I rebooted my
machine and restarted my services.  The srcds.exe process starts, then
promptly stops.  I have re-run hldsupdate to update and verify content. I
have removed all mods. I have tried to start srcds.exe in -console -debug
mode from a command prompt - all to no avail.  The process starts, then
dies.

At wits end - any suggestions on where to turn with this?

Frazer