Steve Dawson wrote:
Hi, do hi pinging players lag a cs 1.6 server.  It would make sense to me.
This is what i heard:
Laggers DO Lag the Server:
Because of the way hlds deals with lag compensation, players that are
lagging on the server actually really do lag the entire server. This is
because if the server has to wait for data from all players on the server
before it can calculate each frame. So if everyone on the server has under
50 ping except 1 person with 200 ping, the server has to wait an extra 150
ms per frame it calculates. This is why I highly reccomend a high ping
kicker set to kick anybody with over 100 ping.

Thanks

Valve might say it doesn't but I disagree.  From my own playing
experience.  How many times I can tell that a high pinger has just
started playing.  I have watched this carefully.  I hope some of the
other playing admin's give their experience too.  The lag starts when
the "high pinger" arrived and stops when they leave too.  If it is just
my imagination?  Then why does it happen every time? Plus, explain how
the server does NOT LAG if you have 30 players below 60 ping and 1 - 250
pinger comes on. How does the server link up all the packets arriving at
the same speed but ONE and NOT cause some sort lag.

To the guy who says he plays between 200-300 ping and does not cause lag
to the other players with 4X faster ping?  How do you know your not
causing lag?  Maybe, your are... maybe the guys that spend money to have
a fast Internet connection are also polite. Besides, DSL is so cheap now.