----- Original Message -----
From: "DT" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Well I've only been playing since '99 with beta .9.  I guess that is why
your calling me newbie?

How long you have played is a mute point to what you know.I know alot of
"newbies" that have played that long.But they still don't really know
anything about cs or aren't that good.

Because I've only seen it happen a million
times.  I say it does and it is a matter of common sense.

No its a matter of reading some links people have posted.It doesn't happen.

 You have the
server (1 computer) that is interacting with let's say 30 clients.  So
29 of those are running at a ping rate of under 50 and 1 at 300.  Your
telling me that when I hit the 300 ping guy with 3 hs in a row that he's
300 ping has registered my hits?  Or that his 1 hs on me 300 ms ago
would not affect the other 4 people that are shooting at him at the same
time?  Like in a room with 6 people all shooting at each other.  The
server has to register all hits. Since his are registering 6 times later
than the rest of ours, the server has to "lag" to update "all" of the
information.

Misinformed.The server uses lag comp to smooth out player movements and
hitbox ranges.That way they aren't flying around the maps.BUT once the ping
gets so high the server doesn't register enough information to accurately
receive that and calculate it.Hence teleporting.Now in the situation you
described which ever event the server receives first will be what happens.So
if hes at 300ms and your at 30ms and he shoots you in the head.You will have
about 2 seconds to kill him before you die of a registered headshot.

I tell you what REAL NOOB, you show me how it's possible
NOT to lag with the situation that I just explained?

How can anyone explain it to you when you are too lazy to read links that
are posted.And do your own research.Its misinformed people that are talking
about subjects calling people noobs ect.The very same people that still take
about interp even though its locked.Grr thats another topic.

Oh! and the 56
k'ers can go to a server where there are other 56 K'ers just like I did
when I was on modem.  Why am I and the other 28 guys who have broadband
penalized because 1 Austrian guy wants to play with us instead of his
own kind?

They can come to my server then.Obviously you don't pay attention to what
they did in all the cs updates over the years.You do realise from .9 beta
that you claim to have played to 1.6 there where ALOT of netcode changes.

I am eagerly anticipating your reply so we can see who the real NOOB is.

Well I'm not saying you're a "NOOB" for the simple fact that I'm older than
14,and know how to carry on a discussion on a mail list without calling
people names.So children please grow up instead of flooding my inbox with
emails like these.

BeNt