It just happened again...  The process that was using the cpu inside the
"System" process was an ntkrnlpa.exe thread.  It appears to be a Microsoft
exe.  Krnl tells me something Kernel level.  But I suppose it could be some
kernel level driver if some "backdoor" found its way onto the system.  A
backdoor might behave like this if someone was logged in.  Then active when
they log off.  I had to go the properties of the System process then go to
the threads tab.  None of the processes listed in the Treeview under System
showed any cpu utilization.