Facts are wonderful things! Thank you. My apologies to Valve. This is
definitely a Microsoft induced BUG not a feature change.

On Oct 22, 2006, at 10:31 AM, Alfred Reynolds wrote:

We are working on a fix for the problem, should have something next
week. The bug is that the IE7 COM control now returns corrupt data
ocassionally for the document complete event, we are writing code to
counter that.

- Alfred

Father dougal wrote:
tut tut http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=489017
and
from what i heard its nothing to do with valve its something micro
wank has
changed in IE7 maybe u should join the other hundred people who have
reported this to both microsoft and valve and they keep pointing the
finger
at each other :)