A server has the right to say 'My house, my rules.'  The server can run
custom mods and what not.  The server can that, if you're going to play
here, you have to do this.  And ultimately, the server can kick or ban you
if you don't cooperate.

What the server should NOT be able to do is to MAKE you do anything, except
leave, without your knowledge and consent.

A lot of the code, in my opinion, needs to be reworked so the the same
functions as before (such as team switching, slaying, etc.) are available as
things to be done to the player instead of forcing the player to do these
things themselves.  To my very limited understanding, such reworkings are
already in progress.

When it comes to connecting to another server, I've already said, a popup
dialog box (similar to the auto-retry when full dialog box) pops up saying
"we recommend" and it could have one or multiple servers.  Then you could
say "No, connect me to this one, auto-join when ready".  Server ops could
set whether that dialog box pops up all the time, or only when the server is
full.

And similarly, a dialog box if a server is closed, forwarding on to the
correct server.

The point is, ops shouldn't be able to take control of your keyboard and do
things for you.  They can kick you off their server, but they shouldn't
force where you go after that, without knowledge or consent of the user.
That's abuse.  That's not "My house, my rules", that's "You are now my slave
until you manually disconnect."

Sarcasm is not appreciated, so let's try to be constructive, okay?  I
realize I'm new here, but I figure petty fighting isn't going to accomplish
much.  I figure there's so many ways we could improve this game if we work
constructively and share ideas.

--Thortok2000