To get sound working requires a bit of effort, but as long as your card is
supported by ALSA your fine.
(Sound card list: http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/)

Wine isn't meant for playing games, there is another program... err Cedega,
theres a pretty good review of it here:

Ook, alot of the programs you listed, there are Linux versions of them,
(well maybe not HLSW).

And, ATi drivers do exist on the ATi site, apparently fairly well supported
& easy to install.