Hi all,

I just re-installed my server 2003 setup without ACPI as I heard that
without ACPI 1000FPS on Srcds was attainable (and achieved this myself on a
test box).  Now with this disabled, I'm getting very very strange usage; the
srcds.exe process will spike up to 95-100%, then back down to 0%, back and
forth over and over giving the appearance of a sine wave.  Before the
re-install, I never saw any usage like this.. it was a relatively flat line.
I don't know why this would happen. does anybody have any ideas other than
ACPI?  Or perhaps a different way to attain 1000FPS?

Setup:

Windows 2003 Server EE x86 w/o ACPI (Standard PC in setup F5)

AMD Athlon 64 4000+

1.5GB DDR400

Gigabyte GA-K8U-939 mobo

IDE 7200RPM 8mb cache drive