At 11:59 AM 9/19/2007, Steven Hartland wrote:
Affinity Issue
First off so people are aware the current server will only work on
the first core of any multi core machines. I'm assuming this is
due to the server threads having affinity set on them but this
obviously causes major issues on multi CPU / Core machines. I've
dropped Valve a mail about this, so I hope they can make a fix
available quickly.

In the mean time those who are running servers on SMP machines
should significantly reduce the number of servers on their machines
to ensure that the first core is not overloaded and hence seriously
impacting gameplay.

I see this affinity issue as well, and I also see the memory leaks.
It's almost like that old 1.6 bug with everything binding to CPU0.