From: "John Porter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlds@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2007 10:06 AM
Subject: [hlds] TF2 server performance on Linux

Has anyone noticed performance related issues with the Linux version of TF2?

 Take 2 boxes to compare, one running windows one running linux. Both identical
hardware in Dual Xeon 2.6ghz.

 The windows box I run 1 TFC server and 3 TF2 servers. Running a simple booster
I get 125-250 fps even when the servers are full.
 On a 1000hz distru of Linux runnin 2 TFC servers (no problems what so ever)
and 2 TF2 servers, even with just one TF2 server
when it gets full the serverside fps drops down to 20-40fps and rcon stats
reports 80-90CPU usage.

 Yet the process in linux only shows around 20-30%?

 Just a little bit baffled as TFC runs fine on the box and both identical spec
machines the only difference is the OS and
binarys?

 Have I missed something in my rush to get my hands on the game and play it? :D

 Regards
 John

This e.mail is private and confidential between Multiplay (UK) Ltd. and the
person or entity to whom it is addressed. In the event of misdirection, the
recipient is prohibited from using, copying, printing or otherwise
disseminating it or any information contained in it.

In the event of misdirection, illegible or incomplete transmission please
telephone +44 845 868 1337
or return the E.mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]