From: "John Porter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2007 11:21 PM
To: <hlds@list.valvesoftware.com>
Subject: [hlds] TF2 ... All 32 player servers filtered out?

Gimped I like that. Hope you get plenty of help when you really need it!
:>

 Funny but I have to wait 5 minutes + to get onto my 24 man servers just
like you did on your 32 man servers. 32 man servers sought out? Perhaps
they were but thats only because no one else was running them and people
might wanna try it out and see what its like.

 Just like we did we testing out the Instant respawn mod, people tried it,
saw that it sucked and went back to normal servers.

 Perhaps you should learn to post your whines on steam CLIENT forums and
not dedicated server mailing lists? I for one couldnt give a monkeys if
valve have filtered out the 32 slot TF2 servers. Perhaps you wouldnt be so
pissed if you hadnt hacked the steam binaries to alter the limits to allow
you to do this?
 I knew how to do it, did I want to? no? do I care they filtered it? no!
Do I think that you should find someone else to demand your rants? yes!

 Whats with the people on here recently? Childish rants, demands and
whines off to the steam forums please!!! And let us get back to serious
problems huh? Dunno why I bother im sure ill get some form of witty smug
14 year old style reply involving my mumma! Or how you DEMAND the right to
an answer, its there game, their rules, their game, they dont have to
answer anything.

 This hurts!!

 [someone spouted this]
 Yet, if you had 4 32 slot servers (before they gimped the list) You would
have most likely had 4 FULL servers...
It is a fact that the 32 slot servers were more popular than the smaller
ones. It is true of almost all the mods. People love a crowd!

I'm not saying they were the only full servers, lots of full ones of all
sizes. But the 32 slot servers were sought out and actually hard to get
into.. I had to use auto retry to get into my own server and would wait as
long as 10+ minutes..

My thought is that if the players like it, and the servers can handle it
(I
didn't have one single crash as a 32 slot server, more stable than all of
my
18 servers combined) Then why shouldn't we have the option?

There is still no official mention of why the server list was modified to
filter out + 24 slot servers.
Come on guys, lets hear something on this!!!

Mike ParaDOX

www.paradisesgarage.com