From: "Patrick Shelley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<hlds@list.valvesoftware.com>
Subject: Re: [hlds] Team Fortress 2 Update Released
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 02:12:49 +0000

Dan - hilarious! No, really, I mean that.....yawn ;)

hwkiller - Are you taking the p**s !!

I'm pretty good with the english language - and as far as i can gather from
my own post i'm not laying blame at anyone's door. I think my post makes
that pretty clear.

As per the purpose of this list - amongst other purposes - i'm simply
passing on vulnerabilities that occur. Please dont insult me by trying to
think for me.

Why would valve go to all this trouble - creating new models, new code, new
this, new that - only to allow someone playing on their local machine within
2 hours to 'achieve' 22 our of 38 achievements WITHOUT coming into contact
with a real player in the real world?

In effect - it just puts their hard work to waste imho.

All they have to do is write some code that stops achievements being
recognised on bots and/or on a local machine. Then it FORCES
cheaters/exploiters to achieve them in the way they were meant.

Sure you can lock your server down, grab a few mates and stat pad it out - i
dont think you could stop that. But really and truly, these updates takes a
lot of thought, work and testing before we get it. Why would they allow it
to be so easy? I say its an oversight. Blame is too strong a word in this
scenario.

WTF do u mean it not like its a challenge? Of course it is supposed to be a
challenge!!! I cant believe you said that. But u did - and its there for
the world to see. If i can get 22 out of 38 in 2 hours using bots and my
machine - then its a waste of the programmers time and skill.