Hey all,

Am I and a few others the only ones that have been stricken with a
slowly chugging and laggy Steam server browser? The issue has been
reported on the Steam forums by other users:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7809917

Maybe this is a coincidence, but this problem seems to have started
about the same time the rcon nuke exploit fix was moved from beta and
made a required server update. In the past I've never had issues with
the browser. It'd always would load around 500 servers/sec until it
reached a total of 27,000 total (no filters). Now it chugs along showing
500 servers, pause, then 800 servers, then pause, and so on. Also, it
shows a lot of the servers as not responding some times when I go to
refresh. It truly is b0rked if you ask me, and I hope somebody at Valve
can investigate this issue and hopefully have it resolved. In my opinion
it's a minor problem because I don't spend a lot of time searching for
servers. Even though the servers that I play on show up in my favs and
history list, you can still feel that chuggy laggy feeling you get when
the main browser searches. Often random servers in my history and
favorites tab will disappear and/or show as not responding, which can
get annoying.

I hope this issue can be resolved!

Regards,
Ian "P2" Shaffer