> Hi Neph,
>
> Could you share the data collection method your using to retrieve the game
> servers info?

Hey,

To collect data from servers for graphing in cacti I wrote a simple
python rcon script:

http://nemu.nephyrin.net/cacti/scripts/rcon.py

I then wrote some other shell scripts to parse the requested data from
it, IE for my players graph:

http://nemu.nephyrin.net/cacti/scripts/players.sh (just greps the last
number on the second line from the rcon stats command)

So then I add a data input of type Script/Command to cacti:
"<path_cacti>/scripts/players.sh <server> <port> <rcon_pass>"
Then I add a data source template for it, a graph template for my
players graph, then create a data source with my server/port/pass, and
a graph to graph it. If those steps are confusing you'll have to read
the cacti documentation - learning to use it fully was much harder
than writing the scripts to scrape the data for me :-P

- Neph