Rcon bans someone for too many failed password attempts (to discourage
guessing/brute forcing). Currently, when it tries to ban someone, it
just flat out crashes instead.

You can fix this by blocking rcon access for all IPs but ones you
pre-approve, with whatever firewall you're using on your server. Rcon
uses TCP on your servers port (27015 by default), all other game traffic
uses UDP.

- Neph