We'll be releasing the Left 4 Dead dedicated server files prior to the Left 4
Dead demo being released. More details will be sent to the mailing lists when
we have them.

There are two things to keep in mind regarding running a Left 4 Dead server:

1) The CPU load for the Left 4 Dead server will be higher than you're used to
for games like TF2. Left 4 Dead has a bunch of A.I. for the zombies, etc., that
games like TF2 don't have.

2) Left 4 Dead uses a new matchmaking system we're developing. We'll be working
with the server admin community to make sure the new system operates as
smoothly as possible. More details on this later.

-Eric