Also, don't know if it matters, but mapcycle.txt has:
l4d_hospital01_apartment.

The proper map name is: l4d_dem_hospital01_apartment, and I assume it should
also contain: l4d_dem_hospital02_subway, if the mapcycle.txt file works like
previous source based games.

I'm working now, fixing the name name (and adding +map to my launch
parameters), however I now also get the steam library, LAN only mode
message.