or you can send them a .lua (cfg for l4d?) for the private server. thts what
i do for my private gmod server

ex:

connect 12.3.4.567:27015
sv_password lolololol

Then, save it with a simple file name like "connect". put in the cfg folder.
Then, when they want to join they just type:

exec connect

in console.

Will this work for l4d? I tried it on css, gmod and tf2 and it worked fine.