I've been noticing slower map changes as well. I assumed it was just time to
delete old logs, defrag, and whatnot.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mike O'Laughlen
Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2008 2:21 PM
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlds] [TF2] Time out at map change

I've encountered this as well.  Is the map a custom map?  It could be due to
the computer loading the map from disk.  I would check to see if the
server's game directory needs to be defragged or check to see if there are
other programs requiring disk access (including add-ons).