Don't forget good speeds :v Many cheap hosts, while providing more bandwidth
than you could ever use in a month, will not do well with multiple
concurrent downloads at high speeds. I'm lucky enough these days to have a
2x100mbit line on my dedicated server to serve the maps as well as the
servers, but I remember the woes of some of the shared hosts we went with
when an entire server full of people were downloading a map (and, of course,
there's no way via svdownloadurl to get from multiple locations without
doing something serverside with htaccess and a randomized redirect)

-Atreus