Yeah, I may actually replace all my little home-based switches and get one
decent managed switch and just do 1Q myself.
From: hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com [hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com]
On Behalf Of J T [jtr...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 2:36 AM
To: Half-Life dedicated Win32 server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds] [SPAM] RE: VMware Advise

I was setting up ESXi at work. Its pretty kick ass, I love that fact that it
supports 802.1Q VLAN Tagging.

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 3:16 PM, Rick Payton <r...@mai-hawaii.com> wrote:

> While I hardly do anything really intense, on one host I run separate
> VM's for:
>
> Microsoft Search Server w/ SQL Server 2005 (off topic: this product is
> GREAT)
> Symantec Endpoint Protection (off topic: this product SUCKS - we're
> moving to NOD32 soon)
> Exchange 2003
> Realtime backup server
> 1 of 2 Active Directory servers
>
> Ok, the AD server doesn't really count but it's just one more thing on
> there. There's no way I could've ran all this on the same box under
> vmware server.
>
> /me pets his esxi boxes. Again, srcds/hlds runs awesome in an esx/esxi
> vm, at least under linux. I've yet to run it under Windows.
>
> OT: re-arrange ESXi and you get .. SEXi ... Which it is.
>
> -mauirixxx

---------
jtr...@gmail.com
  • ... Karl Weckstrom
  • ... Steven Hartland
  • ... Karl Weckstrom
  • ... Rick Payton
  • ... Karl Weckstrom
  • ... Chad Austin
  • ... Rick Payton
  • ... Rick Payton
  • ... J T
  • ... Steven J. Sumichrast
  • ... Karl Weckstrom
  • ... J T
  • ... Chad Austin
  • ... Rick Payton
  • ... Chad Austin
  • ... Karl Weckstrom
  • ... Ook
  • ... Chad Austin
  • ... Steven J. Sumichrast
  • ... Please read RFC 5322 if you don't understand the format of an e-mail address
  • ... Steven Sumichrast