Yes, I still avoid ANYTHING with the netgear logo on it.

Ook wrote:
> What model of a Netgear? Historically, Netgear routers have been for low
> volume browse-the-web home users because of the limited size of their
> routing table, and not really very usefull for anything that requires a lot
> of connections. I once tried to run an open-nap server through one, and my
> user count would ramp up to about 1000 or so, and then everything started
> timing out. Connections all over my network would fail, and I finally
> realized it was the router. After going back and forth with Netgear's
> braindead support reps, I finally found someone at Netgear that admitted
> that the routing table in the router was like 1024 in size, and they really
> intended them to be used for AOL level users that just wanted to browse and
> IM. That was a few years ago...maybe they finally got the idea and increased
> it?
>
> Anyone been here long enough to remember my adventures in crap low end
> routers several years ago? Netgear was towards the top of the list of
> routers (and hardware in general) to avoid.
>
> Oh, and my butt itches...

          • ... Rick Payton
          • ... J T
          • ... Steven J. Sumichrast
          • ... Karl Weckstrom
          • ... J T
          • ... Chad Austin
          • ... Rick Payton
          • ... Chad Austin
          • ... Karl Weckstrom
          • ... Ook
          • ... Chad Austin
          • ... Steven J. Sumichrast
          • ... Please read RFC 5322 if you don't understand the format of an e-mail address
          • ... Steven Sumichrast
          • ... Karl Weckstrom
          • ... Ook
  • ... Steven Hartland