Hey Midnight, I looked up HPET and this is what Microsoft says about it.

The High Precision Event Timer (HPET) was developed jointly by Intel and
Microsoft to meet the timing requirements of multimedia and other
time-sensitive applications. Originally, the HPET was called the Multimedia
Timer (MM Timer), but the name was later changed to avoid confusion with a
Microsoft DirectX timer, and to better describe the timer.

I had a couple questions..

1. Is that only active with an Intel processor?
2. Does the srcdsfpsbooster use HPET to do what it does I know it uses some
media player extention, but if HPET the reason why it works?
If you don't know, that's fine.. I'll dig more and figure it out, but I
thought it might be a handy opportunity to ask.

Currently we're running an Opteron 2.4ghz dual core processor and
experiencing 43% processor utilization on a full 32 slot server. I have no
idea why it's using so many resources.. We even have fps_max set at 300 from
the 600 we use to run.

-Matt