Yea... my community is actually doing that today/tomorrow. One problem we
are going to have is that we are physically moving our box to a different
location so there will be no old server to have up.

What we have been doing is have our server IP on a DNS for our website.

IE, our website is http://www.506th-pir.org and our servers are on
http://server.506th-pir.org

What this allows us to do is change the DNS and anyone that is using the
server URL instead of the IP won't have to change anything.

Also, we got the new IP a few weeks in advance and have posted it on our
website, on our forums, in our MOTD, etc. where our regulars could see it.

Hopefully everything will work out alright, but we'll see tomorrow afternoon.

Lebson
Systems Administrator for the 506th PIR
Software Engineer for Resistance and Liberation