>From what I can tell, STEAM_1 was implemented for Steam Cloud, especially
since it came along to TF2 when they moved the loadout to Steam Cloud. (it
was reverted to STEAM_0)

Y is not randomly generated, it reflects which signup server you signed up
on.

-----Original Message-----
From: hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of AnAkIn .
Sent: Sunday, 10 May 2009 1:28 AM
To: Half-Life dedicated Win32 server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds] Associate Names with a Steam ID?

It's wrong.

X value doesn't matter, it's 0 on all games except L4D where it's 1. It's
not account dependent. 0 or 1 just means user account.
Y is always 0 or 1, which is generated randomly when you create your steam
account.

About the fraction, it's to convert from Steam community ID => Steam id

Take a Steam Community ID.
like:
76561198009024064

76561198009024064-76561197960265728=48758336

48758336/2=24379168

So it's STEAM_0:0:24379168

An other example:

76561198008673707-76561197960265728=48407979

48407979/2=24203989,5

it's ,5, so it's STEAM_0:1

STEAM_0:1:24203989