Get metamod, sourcemod and play around. They are very useful tools.
Metamod is a plugin for running other plugins like SourceMod which is
used to administrate, easily ban troublemakers and if you want to, run
even more plugins written in a script language.

If you want to close the server down from the general public, give the
server this command:

sv_searchkey example123

This will keep random people from joining your server from a lobby
when the server is empty. To join it from a lobby you should also
enter sv_searchkey example123 on the client and it should connect to
your server. You can all also join manually with the connect 1.1.1.1
command and then vote a level change or just use sourcemod to force
it, bypassing the lobby.