Well first of all it's *4* days to the demo release. :P
If this is *JUST *like the L4D demo, we'll get the server files the day
before, but who knows, we could get it a little sooner, although it's
getting close.

I'm sure the demo won't need as many little patches as the L4D demo did (I
hope), so it should go nice and smooth.

Also I'm really curious about the "g:l4d1" tag too. Here's my best
hypothesis:

L4D2 will be backwards compatible with L4D. You will be able to play the L4D
campaigns natively in L4D2. (Possibly, an update to L4D would be released
that supports cross-game support, so people with L4D2 can play with people
who only have L4D). I'd guess that you could set up L4D2 servers, and the
"g:l4d1/g:l4d2" tag would tell the server whether to switch between
l4d1/l4d2. This would also confirm an update coming to L4D that would make
it supported by L4D2 servers.

Anyway, I'd also like some official word on this, but since today is Friday,
I wouldn't expect anything until Monday, and hopefully NOT Tuesday since the
demo is supposed to be released then.

Does anyone remember if we could preload the L4D demo? That'd give some
insight into if we might be able to preload this one.

Jonah Hirsch