From: hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Alon Gubkin
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2010 10:59 AM
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com; hlds_li...@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlds] SRCDS Protect Tips

Guys, I'm sure safe rcon password is a clear rule, but I was really talking
about exploits in the game, like cheating, crashes, takeovers and etc.

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 10:12 AM, [>Twilight<] <twili...@online.ua> wrote:

Because you can accidentally make mistakes on your own, when you typing
your rcon and using it. And that's why

sv_rcon_minfailures 3

even better. You don't want to be banned from your own server, don't you?

clad iron wrote:

to each his own, but if someone was trying to hack your rcon, why give
them
a 2nd chance ?
If it is set to "sv_rcon_minfailures 2" and it was an admin that failed
the
password, i would thing they could get a hold of someone to remove it.

if i'm not seeing this correctly or there would be other reasons to allow
someone that tries to hack rcon access and fails to rejoin.
Then please tell me.