Hello Dominik,

D> I just wrote a monitoring application that pings servers
D> constantly, kills their process when they hang, and also updates
D> the servers with graceful shutdown (wait until player count drops
D> to threshold and stuff) once the master sends this certain response
D> (everything in one Windows Service app, going to release this some
D> time soon).

Lol, I had to write the same thing 2 years ago. Mine also watches the
memory usage and restarts the server when it goes too high (because of
leaks), has users threshold and also does incremental update (runs
distributed, calculates delta on one machine, pushes delta to all my
servers after gracefully stopping them and then starts them again).
Also sends Jabber notifications on updates, unexpected shutdowns, etc.

Maybe I'll released it some day too.

The recent update (1.1.1.1) is not marked as required by the master
server, you can easily check it by sending a packet with 1.1.1.0
version and the master server will not tell you that upgrade is
required, however if you send 1.1.0.9 version, it will.

So, my tool has failed to update servers this time. I guess, I'll add
RSS monitoring as a backup for such cases.

--
Best regards,
 Serge