We have fixed the crash related to the mantreads.  (We also found a problem
with the damage calculation.)  The problem was gcc-specific and thus only
affected Linux servers.  We are mostly sure (though not 100% sure) that a
similar problem was happening with the Dr. G weapons.

This update will probably be an optional update, since it isn't critical for
clients.  But of course all the server operators will want to make sure and get
it.

Further bulletins as events warrant.

Your humble servant,
Fletch