Everyone,

To give you all a heads up we're going to be releasing an update to the RO2
beta in about an hour (or less) that will address some of the more serious
issue we discovered in the first day of the beta. You'll need to update your
servers to maintain compatibility with the clients. Here is what will be
updated:

- Fixed the server browser being slow/laggy
- Fixed some crashing issues with the server browser
- Fixed certain maps crashing in countdown game mode when 64 players would
respawn at the same time
- Fixed some icons getting stuck on the screen (FT1, FT2, etc)
- Fixed choosing (defaults) in the key config menu removing keys
- Fixed some debugging tools so us devs can figure out what is causing
crashes easier

A few other things I figure I should mention:

*A note on affinity*

I made a mistake on my own test server last night when setting the affinity
in the commandline that I thought I would mention as other might make the
same mistake. Core 0 and 1, 2 and 3, 4 and 5, 6 and 7 are each just 1
physical core if you have a quad core with hyperthreading enabled (i.e.
"Core" 0 and 1 are actually just one physical core). I made the mistake of
setting my affinity for 2 different 64 player servers to 2 and 3. Well 2 and
3 are actually 1 physical core, which made the that core's CPU peg and the
servers on that core to lag out. So I would put the affinity on all odd or
all even cores such as 0, 2, 4, 6 or 1, 3, 5, 7. In other words, to keep
from overlapping, don't mix and match odd/even cores on the affinity. As a
reminder, the commandline switch for this setting is:

-PREFERPROCESSOR=x (where x=0,1,2, ...)

So for example:
-PREFERPROCESSOR=0
Would set the game thread's affinity to the first core.

*A problem with the server welcome screen text*

We discovered there is a problem with setting up the server welcome screen's
text (the screen that appears when people join your server). If you use the
tool in webadmin to set this up, it will save the text color with an alpha
value of 0, which means it is invisible. We're going to fix this up soon,
but in the meantime here is a workaround. You can manually set the color in
your ROGame.ini file in this section:

[ROGame.ROGameInfo]
ClanMottoColor=(R=0,G=0,B=0,A=
255)
ServerMOTDColor=(R=16,G=0,B=0,A=255)
WebLinkColor=(R=16,G=0,B=0,A=255)

Make sure the alpha is set to 255, as that is what the problem is. It was
setting the alpha to zero which is invisible.

Thanks,

John Gibson
President
Tripwire Interactive