My servers were both up to date with the last update that said "fixed
the updating process" (Feb 17) and no Steam client was ever installed on
that machine...
Anyway, in my setup I'm hooking the function from the engine.dll that
prints the "MasterRequestRestart" string into the console. Since I have
no idea what your fix was, I'm guessing it was something that should now
cause this function to be called more reliably.