That 1-3 is an average. Some days there are 2-3 alone, some weeks only 1 idiot. There has been 7 this week that have gotten caught automatically, 8 by admin on TF2 and CSS together.

I'd really like to get to see some improvement to VAC also to detect these cheaters. Not even half are banned after a month of getting caught.

-ics

25.3.2012 20:25, hlds kirjoitti:

Only 1-3 per week? I would say an average of 2-3 cheaters per day per server. This being the ones detected by SMAC or admins, because the real number is probably higher. It is incredible how many players have sv_cheats set to 1...

*From:*hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com [mailto:hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] *On Behalf Of *ics
*Sent:* Saturday, March 24, 2012 9:38 PM
*To:* Half-Life dedicated Win32 server mailing list
*Subject:* Re: [hlds] Crit hacking + VAC?

I've also noticed an definite increase on cheaters. Where before f2p i used to see 10 cheats for duration of 2 years, now there's 1-3 per week.

You could try SourceMod Anti-Cheat (SMAC). It has automatic functions, such as aimbot detection that seems to catch about half of these cheaters automatically.

-ics