SteamCMD so far is a big failure on Linux. The Linux version of the tool
recently had the MS Windows characters in it which is ridiculous. As a user I
had to guess what this tool meant to download server files.

- Steam.sh was written incorrectly, with old-style code.
- Define a STEAMEXE variable before running the script is illogical. The script
with no variable should search for a correct file or return an error.
- Messages in many places overlap each other.
- The tool does not return to a new line very often.
- It does not inform you that you need to set the server path.
- It does not inform you that you need to enter steam guard code.
- It performs the connections to servers outside the Valve, making it difficult
to pass through the firewall rules.

The idea is good, but the execution leaves much to be desired.

 I do not consider myself as an expert. I respect your work Valve. But your
tool should not be used in stable games. It should be released as a beta
version at least, if not alpha.
Dnia 6 lipca 2012 1:32 RSS List User <l...@redspeedservers.com>