 Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 10:34:25 -0700
From: ooksser...@zootal.com
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlds] Dah! No Half-Life / Valve

    Go to serverdoc.com and get serverdoc.
      Do it today. It restarts your sever when it crashes, and works
      wonderfully. I wish there was a linux equivalent.

      If you start the server without a map specified, it will start and
      then just sit there and do nothing until you tell it which map to
      use. I put my startup map in server.cfg

      In mapcycle.txt, do NOT include ".bsp" in the map names. The
      server will ignore such entries. Just list the name of the map,
      without the .bsp extension. A good

      I use a linux server running apache for sv_downloadurl. I gave up
      on IIS a long time ago. My sv_downloadurl entry looks like this:

      sv_downloadurl "http://<my
      host>/ookssteamingpileofcrap/gearbox"

      It works fine, I've had it up for a long time like this.

      On 10/14/2012 09:10 AM, Paul Williams wrote:

        FYI
            have just changed the batch file (read an article) to run
            the server at high priority.

        It
            how contains: start /high S:\HLServer\hlds.exe -console
            -game valve