On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 10:11 PM, Evourr <evo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Valve didn't ban people for that, they simply blocked the usage of the
> plugin by loading it clientside, what I'm wondering is if these bans are
> going to be fair or if they're simply going to be banned without much
> information being posted.

The plugins mentioned are *manipulating* that block to work around it,
*that* is why it's perfectly justifiable to punish clients using them.

I do think VAC is too harsh in this case, but if that's the only reasonable
tool available, then so be it.

The notes for the update say the plugin is blocked, so I presume people
won't be VAC banned unless it's *further* worked around - and then people
are just being idiots and they've had the only warning they deserve.