@Robert

That's why my post to reddit and this group has attempted to highlight the
benefits to the player of community servers (and by extension the
disadvantages of QP).

If new players (and I agree with you) don't know the benefits, we have to
try and provide the information they need!

With regards to numbers, previous campaigns such as the L4D2 one succeeded
to an extent with around 10K members. It all depends on coverage. That
boycott got covered by Kotaku.