So, just tried this on my Linux TF2 test server:

tf_workshop_map_sync 454118349
[TF Workshop] Preparing map ID 454118349
[TF Workshop] Downloading map
[TF Workshop] Error downloading map
[TF Workshop] Failed to sync map

Are srcds map downloads not working yet?

On 6/2/2015 5:39 PM, Eric Smith wrote:
We've released a mandatory update for TF2. The notes for the update are below.
The new version is 2806431.

-Eric

        - Added tf_workshop_map_sync command to immediately install a map from
the workshop by ID
        - Added sv_allow_point_servercommand to disable point_servercommand entities. Defaults to
"official" Valve maps only. Can also be set to "disallow" and "always".