Hey Eric hows it going?

And @Matthias & Robert : The only thing that should remain to be said about
ads is to anyone who wants to blame them for Quickplay getting started in
the first place. I only even say that from me experiences on Reddit trying
to talk about this before, there are people who believe that Quickplay was
a gift from god in retaliation from advertising. Otherwise, if a server op
chooses to have ads on his or her server then it really shouldn't be of any
concern to us here, only to the players who choose to interact with that
community specifically.

As we have seen with Quickplay, some server groups still find ways to get
around limits that were put in place anyway. The more difficult of a
process this will be for Valve, the less they will be interested in
changing anything. TF2 and by extension a lot of multiplayer games went on
fine for many years before any form of hand holding took place, that is
something to consider.

On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 8:11 PM, Eric Smith <er...@valvesoftware.com> wrote:

> We're working on a mandatory update for TF2. We should have it ready soon.
> Apologies for releasing so late on a Friday, but there are a few fixes we
> need to get released before the weekend.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Eric

*Matthew (Rowedahelicon) Robinson*
Web Designer / Artist / Writer