The term "community servers" is accurate as a) this is the term Valve uses and b) "private servers" means "password-protected". And no, servers with custom gamemodes aren't necessarily doing well apart from quickplay. Those servers took a big hit if you happen to have crawled stats of various servers during the last years (which I did). You also seem to purposefully misunderstand the meaning of my idea, while you fully acknowledge a huge diversity and therefore a problematic signal-to-noise-ratio. Therefore the idea of said group. Those few selected would not represent the ideas of all server operators, but would function as moderators (what I have said). I think this was pretty obvious.