Yeah that does seem a tad broken, unless if the account is **BANNED** in
some way, there's no logical reason why the servers should suffer if you
have a security issue

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 7:07 PM, Alexander Corn <mc...@doctormckay.com>
wrote:

> Double-email, but on the topic of qualifying accounts, it would be really,
> really nice to not have all my servers delisted if my account gets locked
> either by myself or by Steam Support for security reasons. Account locks
> aren't behavior-based, and as such really shouldn't ban all my servers.
>
> On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 7:05 PM, Alexander Corn <mc...@doctormckay.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I can confirm, servers trying to log into a persistent account without a
>> qualifying phone get GSOwnerDenied. You need a qualifying non-VoIP phone
>> number (and to not be community banned).
>>
>> On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 6:24 PM, Nicholas Hastings <
>> psycho...@alliedmods.net> wrote:
>>
>>> The prevailing theory is that after yesterday's Steam maintenance, TF2
>>> now requires GSLT's to be tied to a Steam account with a qualifying phone
>>> number tied to it. This is the same as CS:GO's requirement and was already
>>> coming to TF2 eventually.
>>>
>>> I cannot reproduce the issues with one of my own GSLTs, which is tied to
>>> an account that qualifies.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Nicholas Hastings
>>> AlliedMods.net <http://www.alliedmods.net>
>>>
>>> Ross Bemrose <rbemr...@gmail.com>
>>> Wednesday, May 18, 2016 6:13 PM
>>> Ever since sometime yesterday, some (all?) TF2 servers that use GSLTs
>>> (using sv_setsteamaccount) are having issues with other Steam services,
>>> such as the item server and workshop.
>>>
>>> Did something change on the backend?

*Matthew (Rowedahelicon) Robinson*
Web Designer / Artist / Writer